Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ready

Woke at 4 am this morning. I was unable to quiet my mind so sleep would not come back to me. No worries, I hate to sleep anyway I always look forward to what the new day will bring or it could be that I am afraid clowns will eat me. To me there is so much wonder in a sun rise. I constantly hear people say..."I wish it was Friday". This is pretty common on Monday mornings at work...when I hear that I always say "don't wish your life away there are 5 days between now and Friday what are you going to do with them?" I never get an answer just a look of bewilderment.

What does this have to do with being ready to race? I really don't have a flippin' clue but when I woke this morning I really felt ready mentally. I have done what I can physically. As with every Ironman I always wish I could have done more, been more consistent blah blah blah...but at least now I am ready for the day mentally.

No comments: