Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here goes nothing

OK it has been awhile...6 weeks no running since the ankle went snap. I got the okay from the doc but still took a few more days. Shelley is still dealing with her injuries and finally got the go to walk. Man, what a fucked up way to start this journey. I am afraid she won't be able to get the training in to even start the race....

They say the journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step...I guess the run of 148 miles starts with uncertainty and fear. I did jog a few steps Sunday with some sorness in the ankle.

Man, I just hope we can get there....

Anyway I started this blog to journal this trip so I will be updating often....

Today started with no training. It has been raining ice here for about 24 hours...roads are shit...I have a head cold...

I just hope to look back at this entry in 7 months and think it was funny.

2 comments:

it's all about pace said...

Hang tough Kurt.

7 months is a long time

Run Kurt Run said...

Yeah not too worried, the race is Jun 14 thru the 20th not quite 7 months...:)